14 Oct 10 Gold and 2 Double Gold Medals at the Michelangelo Awards 2021
The Michelangelo International Wine & Spirits Awards was established in 1997 to offer South African producers the opportunity of having their wines adjudicated locally by a highly experienced and respected panel of professionals from around the globe. Their primary objective was – and to a great extent still remains – to support local wine and spirits producers who are targeting international markets for exports and, through international judges, are able to determine whether their wines will be well received both abroad and locally.
2021 saw a total of 1890 wines and spirits entered, including entries from various countries. The judging panel consisted of leading winemakers, sommeliers, wine writers, and Cape Wine Masters, the cream of South Africa’s wine and spirits industry!
We received the following medals in the Michelangelo awards 2021
- Reserve Chardonnay 2020 – Double Gold
- Brut Nature Cap Classique – Double Gold
- Signature Pinotage Rose 2021 – Gold
- Signature Shiraz 2020 – Gold
- 221 Chenin Blanc 2020 – Gold
- Reserve CVC 2020 – Gold
- Albertus Viljoen Chardonnay 2020 – Gold
- Albertus Viljoen Chenin Blanc 2019 – Gold
- Albertus ViljoenChenin Blanc 2020 – Gold
- Brut Rose – Gold
- Brut Cap Classique – Gold
- Reserve Muscat Nectarinia 2016 – Gold