14 Jun Alvi’s Drift Wins at the Sommeliers Choice awards 2021
The goal of the Sommeliers Choice Awards is simple: to provide on-premise buyers and sommeliers a valuable benchmark for understanding which wines would make a compelling addition to a wine list.
Medals were awarded to those wines that meet very specific judging criteria, with a goal of identifying wines that should become additions to restaurant wine lists.
The top two questions that sommeliers were attempting to answer as they judged the wines were: “Would we stock this?” and “Will the consumer buy the 2nd glass”.
Each wine had to score among 5 criteria to get the best score:
- Food Parability Score +
- Typicity Score +
- Quality Score +
- Value Score +
- Package Score
= Sommeliers Choice Awards Final Score!
The judging session took place in San Francisco during May and we are extremely proud to announce that Alvi’s Drift received the Wine of the year by Country Medal plus the following scores from a panel of high-profile sommeliers and wine directors.
- Alvi’s Drift Albertus Viljoen Chenin Blanc 2019 Gold (93) & Wine of the year by Country
- Alvi’s Drift 221 Chenin Blanc 2019 Gold (92)
- Alvi’s Drift Reserve CVC 2019 Gold (90)
- Alvi’s Drift Reserve Sauvignon Blanc 2020 Gold (90)
- Alvi’s Drift Albertus Viljoen Chardonnay 2019 Gold (90)