30 Mar Concours Mondial Du Sauvignon 2021
The Concours Mondial du Sauvignon 2021, which this year took place in Brussels, Belgium, has just ended. 1200 Samples from 23 countries were judged and we are really pleased to announce that our Reserve Sauvignon Blanc 2020 recieved a Gold medal.
We would also like to extend a huge congratulations to the following wineries who all received Gold – in particular Tokara’s Reserve Sauvignon Blanc 2020 who walked away with the Dubourdieu Trophy (Best Competing Sauvignon) – a fantastic acccolade!
Congrats to the following S.A. wineries who also received a Gold medal.
- Tokara Reserve Collection Sauvignon blanc 2020 – Best Sauvignon of the Competition Dubourdieu Trophy – Elgin
- Seasalter 2020 (Groote Post Vineyards) – Darling
- Diemersdal Journal Sauvignon Blanc 2019 – Coastal Region Cape Town
- Elgin Vintners Sauvignon Blanc 2020 – Cape South Coast Elgin
- Ridgelands Sandstone 2020 (Elgin Vintners) – Cape South Coast
- Lightning Sauvignon Blanc 2020 (Painted Wolf wines) – Walker Bay
- Delaire Graff Coastal Cuvee Sauvignon Blanc 2015 (Delaire Graff Estate) – Stellenbosch
- Kleine Zalze Family Reserve Sauvignon Blanc 2019 – Western Cape
- Ghost Corner Sauvignon Blanc (Cederberg Cellars) – Cape Agulhas
- Ghost Corner Wild Ferment 2019 (Cederberg Cellars) – Cape Agulhas
The organisers orchestrated four days of tasting with irreproachable professionalism. Strict safety measures were applied throughout the event, from the table lay-out to serving the wines and disinfecting the equipment.
Thank you to everyone who made this prestigious event possible.